Session 1: 5:45 to 6:30 PM:
- Workshop 1.1: Curriculum development: An introduction to Understanding by Design (UbD). Attendees will learn about enhancing classroom instruction using a “backwards design” model that begins with the end learning in mind and emphasizes teaching for understanding.
- Workshop 1.2: Collaboration technologies of the EPIC Academy. Attendees will learn about online professional development opportunities and podcasts by practicing in the EPIC Blackboard Community and exploring the EPIC podcast content.
- Workshop 2.1: Designing standards-based performance rubrics. Attendees will learn about developing quality rubrics to effectively assess student learning.
- Workshop 2.2: Learning and content management systems. Attendees will learn about blogs and school-based learning management systems, such as WordPress and Moodle.
- CANCELLED: Developing performance tasks. Attendees will learn how to design performance tasks as a form of assessment.
- Workshop 3.1: Using assessment technology with rubrics. Attendees will build rubrics and learn how to assess with them in rGrade, an interactive assessment system in EPIC.