- Learn how to back up your computer before problems. We can schedule a work session for this.
- Try to resolve it yourself with online supports from iCare and the web
- Stop by the iCare Corner any time for expert service of your Ball State Apple laptop.
- Contact us (see sidebar) for help. We can not promise school visits so plan on a campus visit to the iStudio or iCare.
- Learn how to back up your computer. We can schedule a work session for this.
- Try to resolve it yourself with online supports within your school, if applicable.
- Contact us (see sidebar) for help. A member of the WW Tech team can visit your school within a week or you are welcome to come to iCare on campus.
- Email account setup (including forwarding): http://www.bsu.edu/email
- Email account password changing: http://www.bsu.edu/password
Digital Portfolio Technologies:
- iWeb Server: http://iweb.bsu.edu. Use this to create your web “space” to which you will publish your portfolio and other digital artifacts.
- RapidWeaver Resource Site (including Ball State Activation code): http://www.bsu.edu/istudio/rapidweaver/. Use RapidWeaver to create all kinds of web sites, including your digital portfolio. The RapidWeaver software download site: http://www.realmacsoftware.com
- *Big Blue Button. Use this for group webinars with multiple participants and screen sharing.
- *iChat: http://ichat.tc.bsu.edu. Use this for IM (text, video, and audio) with other Ball State faculty and students.
- *WordPress: http://wordpress.tc.bsu.edu. Use this for blogs that need to be interactive (comments, etc.) with others. Remember, RapidWeaver can create blogs that you can use that don’t need to be interactive.
- *TC Groups Network Storage: http://groups.tc.bsu.edu.
- BSU iLocker Network Storage: http://ilocker.bsu.edu. Use this for personal storage and content that you might want to make available to BSU or World. See the iLocker page for information on how to use it. This is a BSU-supported technology. CTE and iCare staff can help you with it too.
Digital Media Technologies:
- *Digital Video. Contact the iStudio for camcorders and related production technologies.
- *Visual Learning. Inspiration is available in the iStudio and can be made available for fellows upon request.
- *Other technologies can be researched by the WW Tech Team to see if we can facilitate them in WW.
- This includes digital white boards, interactive tablets, clickers, iPads, iPod Touches, and similar devices. Visit the iStudio Interaction Site for information and resources.
- Probeware: The CTE has Pasco brand probeware that are available for Fellows to borrow for projects. Visit the CTE STEM Probeware site. The content areas may have some resources too. For example, Dr. M also has a large collection of biology probeware that he can make available to you for projects. Plan ahead in either case so that the facilitators of the equipment can either bring them to your school or arrange for you to pick up the gear on campus.
Assessment Technologies (More information forthcoming):
School Network Infrastructure
- Mobile Internet Access Points (getting wireless service in a WW classroom). This is a network hub that can be taken to WW classrooms. Contact the WW team for information on access to this resource.