A Catalyst for Innovation.The mission of the Center for Technology in Education (CTE) is to improve teaching and learning through research, development, and outreach initiatives that result in sustainable solutions in schools and communities. This mission is served via four domains of engagement:
- RESEARCH: We incubate inquiry that measures and informs policies, practices, and innovations in the learning sciences.
- TEACHING: We engage educators in shared discovery and purposeful integration of technologies for teaching and learning.
- DESIGN: We produce innovations in media, methods, curriculum, tools and systems for professional development and classroom instruction.
- OUTREACH: We facilitate partnerships with schools, communities, and the professions that advance teaching, improve schools, and empower learners.
Audiences We Serve:
- K-12 Students
- K-12 Teachers and Administrators
- Pre-Service Teachers
- Teacher Educators
- The Professions that Serve Public Instruction
Themes and Initiatives:
- Emerging Media for Teaching and Learning
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Digital Literacy
- Assessment Literacy
- Immersive Learning
- Online Teaching and Learning
- Interactive Classrooms
- Instructional and Interaction Design
- Technology Transfer