Looking for immersive learning projects in teaching and learning technologies?
The mission of IDEA is to engage undergraduate students as apprentices in a sustainable community of practice with mentored, immersive technology challenges in university, school, and community contexts. The goals of IDEA are:
- Increase immersive learning opportunities for students in all academic programs.
- Elevate the expertise of teacher educators and practicing teachers in their use and integration of technology.
- Promote the achievements of the apprentices in order to distinguish them in the job market.
- Extend the presence and impact of Teachers College in schools and communities. Learn more about IDEA.
Who Should Join IDEA?
- Future teachers interested in building a resume of real-world technology projects.
- Faculty interested in utilizing the resources of the CTE in outreach projects in schools.
- In-service educators interested in mentoring future teachers or serving as their clients.
- Schools, community agencies, technology vendors, and others interested in partnering with Teachers College on sustainable technology collaborations. Learn more about the roles in IDEA.
- Documentation for successful completion pre-professional technology projects.
- Professional connections to the CTE’s school, community, and corporate partners.
- Opportunities for scholarships and to attend conferences.
- Longitudinal support for skills development.
- Access to emerging technologies.
- Opportunities for contracted projects when possible. Learn more about IDEA.